The WHDI "Stick" enables users to wirelessly view all of their tablet or notebook content on their TVs without the limitations of other solutions. With no latency (less than one millisecond) users can now play their PC games and interactive content on the “big screen.” In addition to all other content, WHDI security and built-in HDCP 2.0 copy protection allow the WHDI Stick to bring also Blu-Ray movies and other copy-protected content to the HDTV.
The WHDI "Stick" is a true plug-n-play product, no installation is needed and it is OS independent. It is the smallest WHDI external product design to date. The 3.2 x 1.2 x 0.6 inch (81 x 30 x 15 mm) transmitter plugs directly into the HDMI port of the notebook and is powered by the USB port. The WHDI "Stick" will transmit the PC screen directly to TVs embedded with WHDI or to any TV using a WHDI receiver adapter that connects to the TV via HDMI.
The "Stick" development kit (AMN21430) is a complete reference design for a standalone WHDI transmitter with HDMI input and USB2.0 control aimed for the PC and NB market.
The "Stick" is a smaller version of the "Panda", implementing lower power and smaller footprint, enabled by using AMIMON Baseband IC AMN2120 and MAXIM MIMO RFIC Tx chip MAX2850. WHDI "Stick" is designed for in-room operation only (can be 10meters/30feet room) with no-line-of-sight required between the transmitter and the receiver. The "Stick" is not intended to support multi-room solution.
• Small mechanical size, with HDMI male connector and USB 2.0 female connector
• Low power (under 2.7W), Powered by one USB Port
• Based on AMN2120 & MAX2850 - WHDI™ baseband and RFIC Receivers chipset
• Uncompressed HD audio/video wireless transmission at wire-equivalent quality
• Supports video resolutions up to full HD 1080p60Hz and all 3D mandatory formats
• HDMI 1.3 interface
• Coexists with 802.11a/n & 5GHz cordless phones
• Less than 1 millisecond latency
• Hollywood approved HDCP 2.0 copy protection
• Complies with WHDI™ 1.0
• The AMN21430 WHDI Transmitter uses two RFMD STA-5063Z PAs, ITE IT6603 HDMI 1.3 receiver chip, and STM32F103 as the on-board master uController.